Friday, November 27, 2009

My Favorite 60's Cartoon Theme

Click Here to listen to the full Jonny Quest TV Theme Song

This is one of the most influential shows that I watched as a kid. We were so exciting after watching an episode that we would engage in these imaginative role-play scenarios. (Nobody wanted to be the bad guy because everyone knew what happens to the bad guy.) We made these characters larger than life, much larger than they really were. So much so that when we watch an episode on Retro-TV we wonder where all the animation went. Our memories of the shows were so much more full. I think that the imagination just naturally fills in the gaps that are lacking. My case in point is the Pixar movie "The Incredibles". This movie takes all the Saturday morning adventure cartoons, rolls them into one, and adds those elements which tap into the nostalgia of the audience. I could watch that movie over and over because it reminds me of the games that I played growing up. I think this is a big part of the reason why I make cartoons for a living. I want to spin a whole new generation off into their imaginative role-play. Who knows what fantastic ideas they will come up with.

Thanks H&B for giving us Jonny Quest.

Visit Our Website: http://bfc-animation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment